On this episode, PrecisCa speaks with Dr. Sara Hurvitz, medical oncologist & the Director of Breast Oncology at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA.
Dr. Hurvitz answers the following:
- What are the biggest advances in breast cancer in 2021?
- What is your current approach to metastatic triple negative breast cancer?
- How do you choose between CDK4/6 inhibitors in both the curative and metastatic settings?
- How do you treat metastatic HER2 positive breast cancer with organ dysfunction through various lines of therapy?
- Did we learn any new information about T-DXD (Enhertu) in 2021?
- How do you envision the future development of T-DXD (Enhertu)?
Sara A Hurvitz, MD, is Professor of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA); co-director of the Santa Monica-UCLA Outpatient Oncology Practice; Medical Director of the Clinical Research Unit of the Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center at UCLA; and Director of Breast Oncology. Dr. Hurvitz received board-certification in internal medicine, hematology, and medical oncology. Dr. Hurvitz has won numerous awards over the past few years, among them the Marni Levine Memorial Breast Cancer Research Award 2008 through 2015.
Visit www.precisca.com for more resources, content, and access to our entire catalogue of educational content. There you will have access to our complete library of educational videos. New episodes of the PrecisCa Oncology Podcast are released weekly. Please consider sharing our podcast, subscribing & turning on notifications to be the first to know abo
ut new releases. Together, we can raise the level of cancer care from diagnosis to recovery.